The next New York Mobility Club meeting is Feb. 13 (6-8pm) at Bussani Mobility’s new Smithtown showroom (401 Middle Country Road).
Guest speaker Mary Peterson, CTC, from Able to Travel, will tell the group all they need to know about Accessible Travel. She’ll give the inside scoop about hotels, cruises, air travel — and how to travel hassle-free.
A FREE community service, the New York Mobility Club was designed to be a warm, friendly place where people with disabilities and their loved ones can go to talk and learn about all sorts of resources to help them live more independent and fulfilling lives. The atmosphere is uplifting and positive. Participants share their stories, challenges and successes.
Click here for more info.
We meet once a month, every second Wednesday of each month. The group is sponsored by Bussani Mobility Team. For more information or to RSVP, call 888-690-7709 or email email@example.com.
The snow and sleet is just around the corner. Is your vehicle in tip-top shape, ready to get you safely where you’ll need to go throughout the winter months?
Bussani Mobility’s Service & Production Manager, Dan Walsh, has these important tips to share about what you need to do to winterize your van:
Check Those Tire Treads
– Too often we see customers come in with tires that have bad tread, aren’t inflated correctly, or are mismatched. That’s a bit like a person walking on an icey path in old tennis shoes instead of a good pair of snow boots. You’re just asking for trouble. Check your tires and promptly replace those that are worn out.
Replace Old Wipers
– Don’t get blind-sided with old wiper blades. One good freeze and those old windshield wiper blades will spoil your commute or night out. Keeping your wipers in good condition is an inexpensive and smart way to help you enjoy the drive instead of dreading it.
Keep It Clean
– Simple as it seems, it’s important. Because keeping a wheelchair accessible vehicle clean in the winter prevents corrosion. When the roads are covered in salt, so is your van. Getting your vehicle washed regularly is even more important in the winter than the summer.
Replace Old Coolant
– Coolant (also called antifreeze) absorbs heat from the engine and then dissipates it through the radiator and heater core when you crank up your car’s heater in the wintertime. Maintaining and servicing coolant is vital to your vehicle — and it’ll keep you warmer as you travel during the colder months. Servicing involves draining and or flushing your car’s cooling system and replacing the old coolant with new.
Be Careful Where You Park
– Winter driving can sometimes cause unwanted mishaps. Be aware that frozen snow on the ground can cause damage to you accessible van. We’ve heard from many people who parked on a snowy embankment that melted from the warm vehicle overnight and then turned to ice. When you pull out in the morning, this can cause damage to the lower rockers as well as the floor pan. After a snow storm, the difference between a rough morning and an impossible morning usually depends on how you parked the night before. And remember you’re driving a modified van with lower ground clearance, so take it slow.
If you ever have questions about your adaptive vehicle or driving in winter conditions, give us a call or stop by. The expert technicians at
Bussani Mobility’s full-service auto shop
will be happy to lend a hand or pass along some tried-and-true advice. We offer you complete mobility services including general auto upkeep (like oil changes, tune-ups, and tire alignment) as well as collision and repair work. We’re here to help get you wherever you want to go, safely and in style.
Resources, Social Opportunities and Giveaways in a Friendly, Accessible Environment
A new local community group is starting up next week to support people living with physical disabilities. The New York Mobility Club, which is sponsored by Bussani Mobility Team, will have its first meeting on January 9, 2013 from 6-8pm at the company’s new Smithtown, NY, location (401 Middle Country Road).
A FREE community service, the group was designed to be a warm, friendly place where people with disabilities and their loved ones can go to talk and learn about all sorts of resources to help them live more independent and fulfilling lives. The atmosphere will be uplifting and positive. Participants will share their stories, challenges and successes. Bussani Mobility Team created the group as an extension of its core mission and its primary promise to its customers: “If You Can Dream It, We Can Get You There.”
At each session, a guest speaker will give the main presentation. Health, travel finances, relationship, home improvement, mobility, and more will be discussed. Also included will be social activities, refreshments, and giveaways…all in an accessible environment. Easy parking will be provided.
“Our relationships with our customers go so much deeper than the purchase of wheelchair accessible vans,” said Dan Bussani, Vice President at Bussani Mobility Team. ”Many of our clients become our friends and we get involved in their lives to one degree or another. And often when they’re waiting for their vehicles here at our facility, they strike up conversations with each other, sharing stories and solutions. So we’ve seen our waiting room become a meeting place for friendships that have lasted for years. Our New York Mobility Club is an extension of that dynamic. It’s a gathering of current customers and new friends coming together to learn about new resources to help them overcome obstacles and embrace all that life has to offer. It’s our way to give back to the community.”
The New York Mobility Club will take place once a month, every second Wednesday of each month. This is a FREE community service provided by Bussani Mobility Team. For more information or to RSVP, call 888-690-7709 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.